Roulette is a simple classic casino game that has been played in France since the 1800s. This traditional game is all about throwing a ball into a spinning roulette wheel and waiting for the ball to land. Depending on the type of roulette you are playing, the wheel can have 37 or 38 pockets colored in alternating red or black.
The 0 pocket (37 pockets) and 00 pocket (38 pockets) is green. Players place bets on the numbers they think the ball will land. Online roulette has the advantage of mirroring the game played in real life as everything is laid out the same way.
Online casinos have the added advantage of offering free versions of online roulette for players who do not want to play with real money. It is also suitable for those who want to familiarize themselves with the game before playing with real money. Use these free games to understand the game better and develop a strategy.
Types of Roulette
There are several types of roulette such as:
- American Roulette – This version has 38 pockets with both the 0 and 00 pockets. The house edge is around 5.3%.
- European Roulette – With 37 pockets and a house edge of about 2.6%, this version of roulette is much more popular compared to the American version.
- Double Ball Roulette – The added twist of adding a little white ball into the game provides more excitement.
- Multi Wheel Roulette – Players place one bet, but this bet applies to 8 wheels.
- Rapid Roulette – This is roulette in video form using random number generation (RNG).
- Mini Roulette – This version has 13 pockets instead of the standard 37 or 38.
How to Play
Roulette is a game with simple rules:
- Players begin by placing their bets.
- The croupier spins the ball in the opposite direction of the spinning wheel.
- The ball lands on a pocket in the wheel.
- Winners are rewarded based on their betting odds.
Punters can place different types of bets such as:
- Inside bets – Placed directly on one or more numbers.
- Outside bets – Placed on propositions such as even or odd numbers, red or black, high or low, and first, second, or third dozen.
Other bet combinations are also available.
Although roulette is believed to be a game of pure luck or chance, there are many experts who believe that there are strategies that can be used to increase your odds of winning in roulette. Some include:
- Martingale betting strategy
- Grand Martingale betting strategy
- Reverse Martingale betting strategy
- D’Alembert roulette strategy
- Fibonacci roulette strategy
- James Bond betting strategy
- All-in betting strategy
- Constant bet strategy
Real Money Online Roulette
Once you are familiar with the rules and strategies of roulette, you may want to try betting using real money. You can easily play real money online roulette through foreign casino agents or online casino agents. Acebet99 is a casino agent who partners with the best online casinos in Asia to bring you the best gaming experience. Our partners are:
Grand Dragon Resort online casino
Green Dragon Online gaming casino
Other Online Casino Games
Besides roulette, there are many other online casino games available such as:
- Blackjack – Get the highest points without exceeding 21 points.
- Baccarat – Bet on player, banker, or tie to win big,
- Poker – Bet on your own hand and win the entire pot.
- Slots – Use your pennies to try to win the jackpot!
- Sic Bo – Bet on potential dice combinations.
- Craps – Predict the outcome of the dice roll and bet on the dealer or player.
- Royal Three Pictures – Obtain higher points than the dealer to win.
If you are feeling lucky, play online roulette and make a profit. Place bets using any mobile device from the comforts of your own home and earn some extra income.